Call for Presentations now open - closes 24 June 2016
We are excited to announce that you are now able to submit proposals for ABSANZ's 6th Annual Biological Safety Conference. The conference will take place at the Pullman Melbourne, Albert Park in Melbourne, Australia. The theme for the conference is ‘Learning from each other’. Pre-conference workshops will take place Monday, 7 and Tuesday, 8 November. The official opening and Welcome Ceremony will be held on Tuesday evening with a keynote presentation by Nobel Laureate Professor Peter Doherty. The main conference presentations will take place Wednesday, 9 November and Thursday, 10 November. Tours to facilities in and around Melbourne will be run on Friday, 11 November.
Proposed conference topics:
- Laboratory Acquired Infection (LAI) Prevention / OHS considerations
- Management of Biological Waste
- Organisational Oversight of Biological Safety
- Enhancing Biosafety and Biosecurity - Regulatory Update
- Preparedness and Emergency Response
- Primary and Novel Containment Measures
- Planning Strategies for Compliant Containment Facilities
- Specialist Containment Facilities: Plant /Insectary /Animal/ Aquatic
- Effective Decontamination and Validation Measure
- Infectious Diseases Hot Topic – Vector Borne Diseases
- National and Global Risk Management Strategies
- Biosafety and Biosecurity Risks Associated With Synthetic Biology
- Emergent Disease Outbreak Review
For more guidance on the topics above please refer to the preliminary conference program. All submitted abstracts will be reviewed in line with the program. Where a proposal to present cannot be fitted into the oral program this year, the delegate will be offered a poster presentation.
Please consider sharing your experiences with others and participating in this year’s conference. View the Abstract Submission Site now! The deadline for submissions is June 24, 2016. Note that you will be able to save your details and make changes to your submission(s) up until this date.